ETA has both state and national representatives that represent ETA within the community when needed. We are always looking for new members to apply. Holding the title of state and/or national representative includes many duties. Upon applying and becoming approved, you might be asked to:
- Promote ETA.
- Contact ETA with any local developments reported by the industry or in the education of electronics related fields.
- Offer clarification, when a situation arises in the area, and we need further details; for example, a licensing requirement or change.
- Reach out to local schools or businesses with ETA material.
- Visit a school or business which has shown interest in ETA.
- Be available to attend a show or event, including a career day or job fair, if we are unable to send someone from the ETA home office.
- Contact local industry or workforce development boards with ETA information.
- Submit or write articles related to activities in your area for ETA’s publication, the High Tech News
- Any other tasks that helps promote ETA within the industries we serve.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in pursuing, here are a few qualifications that, while not required, we like to see in our applicants:
- Good standing membership with ETA.
- ETA certification(s) obtained.
- Experience in the electronics industry or electronics education.
If you are interested in applying or would like more information please contact ETA at email@example.com, or call (800) 288-3824. You can also print and mail/fax an application.