ETA has a worldwide network of test sites with over 1,000 Certification Administrators to make taking an exam as easy as possible. If you don't see a test site near you, then ETA also partners with the National College Testing Association, and works with libraries across the nation. No matter which option you choose, you must have your exam proctored.
Find A Test Site
- If you cannot find an ETA test site, then you can search the National College Testing Association database to locate an alternate site. Please verify the test site offers online testing if interested in taking the exam online. NOTE: Additional fees apply with this option.
- If you cannot find an ETA test site, then you may be able to take the exam at your local library. To have your test proctored by a libray you must first:
- Contact the library and ask them to proctor the exam for you. You will need to have the name of the library employee who will proctor you.
- Please verify the test site offers online testing if interested in taking the exam online.
- Set up a time/day for your exam.
- Get the library's name, address, telephone, and email. ETA will have to contact the libary to set them up as a procotor.
- Contact ETA at (800) 288-3824 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information.
Some ETA certification exams require Hands-On testing prior to taking the exam. Please refer to the exam's information box to see if you are required to take a Hands-On exam. You can see the current list of ETA-Approved schools below to find an approved school near you: