Taking an ETA Examination
- Decide which ETA certification(s) you would like to take and review the free objectives/competencies provided by ETA. Call to see if additional
study materials are available.
- Find an ETA certification administrator (CA) close to you to proctor the exam. You can search ETA’s online database of test sites at www.eta-i.org/test_sites.html, or contact ETA at (765) 653-8262.
- Decide whether to take the exam online with Trapeza or paper/pencil. Note: A certification administrator must be present regardless of which test format is chosen.
- Arrange a time to take the exam with the chosen certification administrator.
- Arrive early with the proper materials to take the exam. You may bring scratch paper and a non-programmable calculator to the exam. For most exams, you will be given two hours if needed. Photo ID and #2 pencils required. No electronic devices are permitted.
- Once completed, the certification administrator will submit your exam and information along with payment. If you test online with ETA, then you will be able to view your score(s) immediately.
- Examinations are processed within 7-10 business days of arrival at ETA headquarters. However, scores may be requested online through the ETA website (www.eta-i.org/exam_results.html).
As provided for under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), if you require special accommodations in order to complete the certification process, then please notify your Certification Administrator when scheduling your exam.
Find A Test Site
- If you cannot find an ETA test site, then you can search the National College Testing Association database to locate an alternate site. Please verify the test site offers online testing if interested in taking the exam online. NOTE: Additional fees apply with this option.
Where are ETA-Approved Schools?
Some ETA certification exams require Hands-On testing prior to taking the exam. Please refer to the applicable exam's information box to see if you are required to take a Hands-On exam. You can see the current list of ETA-Approved schools below to find an ETA-approved school near you:
Other Training Options
ETA works with many other outside training organizations and schools that do not have a course approval for ETA Hands-On certifications. Some of the above ETA-approved schools have a course approval for one or more certifications, but might offer additional training courses that are not approved. You can find a list here of those schools and companies that have sent in a description. Please check their websites for more information and training options.